Sunday, January 28, 2007

From the editor

So the Man turned to me the other night and said, "I've been reading your blog."
I lifted an eyebrow, waiting for what was next.
"You're misquoting me," he continued. "It is Dog What Aug, not Dog-Wadog."

If you read the Ricky the Rapper post from October of 2006, you'll get my phonetic spelling of Richard's Rhapsody of Rap -- including favorites such as Bryn the Pin and the Hound from the Pound.

"A-u-g?" I asked, ever the faithful scribe.
"A-u-g," he replied. "She is the Dog What Aug."

I pondered that a moment. Aug. As in augur, meaning she will fortell events by divining the kibbles and bits? Aug as in augment, as in she makes our lives greater or more intense?

The Italian What likes Scallion fixed me with his renowned gimlet gaze. "Just Aug," he said, "The Dog What Aug."

I like names to have meaning, so I'm going with augment. Bryn de la Pyn is the Dog
What makes things better. She certainly thinks so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home