Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Reason #274

How do I love him?
Let me count the ways, which brings us to #274.

We're at the front of the post-postlude line in our church Sunday, enjoying the Greeting of the Priests and moving towards the Coffee in the Courtyard. As Richard hugs Father Jason, he lays a hand on Jason's shoulder and says, "Listen, if you know someone who doesn't have a place to spend Thanksgiving, let us know. We can seat a couple more people around the table."

The joy of being married to a man who welcomes strangers to our table, glad to cook for them. I've waited my whole life for this.

Plus, he talked to me about it first, and asked Jason knowing we were in agreement about welcoming people we didn't know. AND, before that, Richard had said, "Let's invite your family, and which of our friends might want to celebrate with us?"

Uncle Mark can't come, but both Janine and Michael can, plus friends Bill and Larry. I'm looking forward to see who joins us from church, giving thanks for the family and friends around our table, and for a husband who is eager to set another place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home