Wednesday, January 03, 2007

blogging the NT

So, one of the editors of Slate magazine (a good read, on or offline) decided to "Blog the Old Testament." Calling himself a "lax but well-educated Jew," David Plotz reports:

"I want to find out what happens when an ignorant person actually reads the book on which his religion is based. " http://www.slate.com/id/2141050/

Well, Dave, been there done that. This ignorant pastor has read the entire Bible at least six times through, thanks to the "One Year Bible." Read it in three different translations, and I still don't get it enough to look like it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, and I think I love the Bible, but I'm like the "lazy but faithful" people you describe so nicely.

So, anyway Dave, you've inspired me to pick up the OYB again and I'm going to follow in your footsteps. Blog will start January 6th (Epiphany on the traditional western Christian calendar) and I think I'm going to call it Broken Hallelujah, by the Baffled King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home