Monday, July 09, 2007

the pink martini hookup


Richard and I did something waaay out of our "box" last week --
We went out with another couple we met on the internet.
Sound creepy?
Actually, it was great -- but a warning, kids, don't try this at home!

I was in charge of getting tickets for one of the kick-off concerts for "Summer in the City," where the SF Symphony accompanies jazz and other groups. The start of this summer's season was a Fri-Sat night double-header of our favorite group Pink Martini. (www.pinkmartini.com) They went on sale two months ago and - doh! - I kept forgetting to order tickets.

When I finally hopped on the symphony website, both concerts were sold out. Double doh!
So what's a girl to do, where is she to turn?
Craigslist, baby!

Several people were advertising tickets, but pretty expensive ones. So I wrote a post -- help save our marriage -- wife forgot to buy tickets -- husband threatening to withold garlic -- et cetera.

I was contacted by three people within about an hour. First two were all: drive to San Jose and pay extra for my tickets, chica.
But the third response said:
Marriage still need saving?
Newlyweds ready to help.
Sister and bro-in-law had to cancel, and we have two extra tickets, if you don't mind sitting next to us.
Let me know, and stay together!
Carrie

Doesn't that sound nice? And safe? We thought so.
I contacted Carrie and we agreed we'd all four meet at Absinthe, around the corner from the symphony hall, an hour prior to the show.
Nice young couple, married less than a year.
I told her this was the first time we'd ever met up with people via the internet, and she said,
"I can't tell you how relieved we were to see you -- you both look really normal."
A shame that looks are so deceiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home