Monday, June 04, 2007

Jury Duty, part three

Four weeks, maybe longer.
That's the expected trial length.
I've asked for and received a deferral.
(sigh)

I would enjoy serving as a juror for this case, but spending June at the courthouse is unworkable for me. Too many client responsibilities, and at least one out-of-town business trip if not two during the month.

Mercifully, there are enough alternates to take my place, and the judge deferred my jury service until later in the year.
I can manage a week away from work, but not a month.

I wonder what will happen during this trial. What testimony will be given, which facts will emerge.
Other than finding the case interesting, and observing the ethnic balancing act between plaintiffs and defendants, I had drawn no conclusions about the case, and was eager to hear the testimony and hopeful of helping to render a fair verdict based on all we would learn.

Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home